There is one hell of a lot of information that a person needs when turning professional. So much so, that I can't put it all on one page. I have decided to place it on several sub-pages, under the 'Mistress Page' named "Curricula".
I would strongly suggest that you read ALL of the following pages in this category before making any decisions or judgements.
- Starting your own Sessions house Basic rules for your location
- Scene or Working names
- The Big Four: No kids, no drugs, no drunks, no sex!
- Pro Sessions a quick primer on how to provide sessions
- Backups - Why you should always have at least one extra person present
- To pay, or not to pay; that is the question --
- The 'how and why' of record keeping
- Good Dom/Bad Dom: You should examine your reasons for wanting to become a Professional
- Legalities of SM and/or paid sessions
- 2257 Record Keeping for Adult Entertainment
- Stagecraft - how to create the "look and feel" you desire
- Starting your own Club
A person desiring to join the BackDrop Sessions Staff can expect to undergo training and learn all of the topics on our "Curricula Page". Completing this training (and with their internship) a Professional Dominatrix / Mistress typically has several YEARS of college equivalent classes.
If you are interested in 'turning professional', I would strongly suggest that you spend a day at a sessions house in your area. If you can't find one, send a message to Robin at SM-201.org.
Quick math factoid: Since BackDrop opened over forty years ago, I have trained an average of two-plus people per month. Two people per month times twelve months works out to over a thousand people in the past forty years!
|Also see these other related "Stagecraft" articles|
|Articles related to "TITLE 18: PART I: CHAPTER 110: §2257"|
What links here • References and Sources • Contact Info