Most of the BDSM information presented here has been part of a project which was actually started (believe it or not) in 1974 by Robin Roberts, being taught as a ongoing series of classes. Almost all of the information here has been taught to The BackDrop Club Staff and members. In the mid-70's through the mid-80's, he was teaching fifteen to twenty classes per month. (As a side note: Robin has been teaching ProDom classes to over twenty-five people per month for over forty years. This means that well over a thousand men and women have undergone through his classes and have become ProDoms.)
Articles, pictures, and stories on SM-201 are or may be copyrighted and unlicensed. However, it is believed that the fair use of a low-resolution version of this work on SM-201.org:
- To illustrate the subject in question
- Where no free equivalent is available or could be created that would adequately give the same information
An encyclopedia that promotes goodwill and interest to the subjects of the articles, and whose policy expressly limits non-licensed media use to illustrative purposes for articles only qualifies as fair use under copyright law. SM-201.org's copyright notice forbids others from copying or modifying this work. If you are the copyright holder and object to the use of this work on SM-201.org, please visit the copyright page for information on how to address your concern.
- Copyright Infringement
In 2018, I lost my www.Backdrop.net website, along with my SM-201 wiki site, two houses, and three garage-fulls of stuff, including a 16,000 volume library. I am now (Sep 2019) trying to rebuild it and my life. For the first part of the process, I am rebuilding/importing the wiki to www.SM-201.org from scratch.
Unfortunately, almost all fifty years' worth of paperwork and legal documents are gone.
If you believe that I am violating your intellectual property rights, please text, call, email, or write me, and the offending material will be modified or removed instantly.
Unless otherwise stated, all articles and images, © Robin Roberts 1975-2021.
The illustrations of the covers of works whose copyrights are still active belong by rights to their authors and are used only as examples for the articles. "Fair use" of low-resolution images.
Most of the historical information started with the Tony deBlaise Leather Timeline. With Tony deBlaise's death, his Leather Timeline project went dormant. I have been permitted by the Leather Archives to keep this project going, but I would also like to see it expanded to include Het, Bi, Gay, and TV sexuality events.
Some of the pages on this site have been written by authors other than myself. In those cases, we have attempted to contact the author to post "with permission". We have been unable to reach a few of the authors. We have tried to provide attribution when known.
The basic rules are:
- Copyrights, as always, belong to the author. If you find your work here, please let us know so that we can obtain permission to use your work.
- If you do not wish us to use your work, please let us know and we will remove it.
- If you post to our site, you, with fore-knowledge, give up any or all future copyright privileges, just like WikiPedia.
- If you do not want work posted by you to be edited by others, do not post it to our site.
- If you have an article or story that you wish to post, and do not want modified, let me know and I'll 'protect' that page.
See also Sources
What links here • References and Sources • Contact Info